General Portfolio Guidelines
- The college accepts hard copy or electronic portfolios.
- Hard copy portfolios should measure approximately 8.5 inches x 11 inches (21.6 centimeters x 27.9 centimeters). Arrange your portfolio by course, and label your work with the course number and course title.
- Each course requires a syllabus that includes a course description and a week-by-week outline of what content was covered, a list of assignments, and textbook used, plus other required readings.
- The evaluation of transfer credit includes the review of content and quality of work. It is possible that two courses equate to one of our courses and that a lecture course covers material that is included in one of our studios; these would be combined for credit. In all cases, you must submit course credit that is at least equal to the credit hours of our courses.
- Credit is not awarded for work experience.
- A compilation of visual work, images, drawings, and photos showing either the entire course content or a sample of work that you produced for at least one-half of the semester. These should be coordinated with the course content in the syllabus.
- Midterm and final submittals should be included in the portfolio.
- One or two examples of your work is not sufficient.
Specific to a Lecture Course
A compilation of assignments showing either the entire course content or a sample of work that you produced for at least one-half of the semester during a lecture course should be included in your portfolio. These should be coordinated with the course content of the syllabus. Graded quizzes, midterm, and final submittals or exams should be included.
Minimum Requirements for Studio Placements
- For second-year studio placement: at least 12 credit hours of studio, introduction to architecture, some design communications/digital courses, and six credit hours of mathematics
- For third-year studio placement: above requirements plus an additional 12 credit hours of studio, physics, and a statics and strength of material course
- Transfer students cannot be placed into fourth-year studio; additional studio credit beyond 24 credit hours will be considered for architectural elective credit
Portfolio Review Results
一道本不卡免费高清The results of your portfolio review will be forwarded to the Office of Undergrad Academic Affairs (UGAA) so that UGAA can update your official evaluation of transfer credit report. You will receive an email from the College of Architecture outlining courses you should register for based on your portfolio review. Transfer credits will count toward the completion of your Illinois Tech degree.
Remote Portfolio Review (Recommended)
College faculty will review portfolios and assign transfer credits to courses that meet the college’s course standards and degree requirements. We strongly recommend remote reviews so that your work can be evaluated at any time during the summer, without a need for an appointment. If you prefer the remote portfolio review, please mail your portfolio and supporting documents (syllabus, sample assignments, quizzes, exams, etc.) to:
Transfer Portfolio Review Committee
College of Architecture, S. R. Crown Hall
3360 South State Street
一道本不卡免费高清Chicago, IL 60616
You may also email your electronic portfolio to Cynthia Torres at email@example.com.
一道本不卡免费高清Students who want their portfolios returned should arrange to pick up the portfolio upon arrival on campus.
一道本不卡免费高清To ensure students are registered for fall classes, the college strongly recommends that all domestic portfolio reviews be complete no later than July 31. After July 31 there are very limited opportunities for portfolio reviews.
In-Person Portfolio Review
In-person portfolio review appointments are generally made available during SOAR, beginning in mid July. We estimate appointments will require one hour. You may begin scheduling in-person reviews after June 1 by contacting Cynthia Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org一道本不卡免费高清 or by calling 312.567.8835.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.